[E3-hacking] How to open the E3 case?

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Wed Jun 3 11:02:18 BST 2009

Janusz Krzysztofik wrote:
> Could someone please give me an advice how I could disassemble my E3 without
> breaking the case? I have removed 6 screws from the bottom side and still
> don't know how to open its rear without applying much force. Is it necessary
> to remove the panel first?

You also need to unclip the keyboard overlay, which will reveal some
more screws.

The panel doesn't actually come off, alas (and the wires inside aren't
quite long enough the lay the top cover on its side next to the open
case. Running it with the top off is a hassle. Have we learned nothing
from the Commodore Pet?).

--
David Given
dg at cowlark.com