[E3-hacking] PBL V5.1

Neil Stainton neil.stainton at imap.cc
Wed Oct 10 13:39:18 BST 2007

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:10:31 +0100, "David Given" <dg at cowlark.com> said:
> Matt Callow wrote:
> [...]
> > Do you know where the pads are? I've tried previously to find them -
> > and failed.  AFAIK, this information is not on the web anywhere
>
> I found this info via Ralph's website:
>
> http://www.en4rab.dsl.pipex.com/
>
> However, it does seem to be E2 and not E3. I could have sworn I saw
> someone report using JTAG on the E3, but I can't find it now either...
> the pads must be in there *somewhere*.

Correlating the TI data sheet (GDY package, bottom of page 21) with Jon
Masters' photos, it looks as though the JTAG balls are all bunched
together around one corner and I guess that would correspond to cluster
of vias between C52 and T158. Can't really tell from the photos where
the traces lead off to. Also, it doesn't seem as though there are enough
vias on the back of the processor for all of the signals, so there might
be some buried vias there.

http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/omap5910.html
http://photos.jonmasters.org/amstrad_emailer_e3_20050108/dscn4682?full=1
http://photos.jonmasters.org/amstrad_emailer_e3_20050108/dscn4672?full=1