[E3-hacking] Working (playing) from OS X

Tony Ayre localzuk at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 17 16:50:25 BST 2006

Hi,

I bought one of the e3 emailers for a fiver a month or so back from a
garage sale and have been having a play, on and off, since. However,
I now no longer have a Linux box and only have a Windows laptop and
an iMac G5 to work from. I have the necessary USB - RS232 adapter
installed but cannot get pbltool.c to compile. I'm guessing this is
due to it being written for the x86 architecture but I may well be
wrong (as my c is useless).

So, this is what I get:

data:~/Desktop/Amstrad ayrea$ gcc -o pbltool pbltool.c
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_error
_getline
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Any help would be appreciated, else I will just have to dual boot my
laptop...

Cheers
Tony