[E3-hacking] setenv command unknown

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Thu Oct 19 19:51:45 BST 2006

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 07:41:52PM +0100, Dan Ellis wrote:
> I bought an E3 a couple of days ago in the hope of doing something
> interesting with it. I was pleased to find that lots of really great
> work has already been done.
>
> I'm following the 'getting started' this, but I've encountered this
> problem:
>
> Prodding...
> Handshaking...
> Done handshaking
> Talking to PBL v4.9 Build 1311
> PBL v4.9> setenv bootargs mem=32M console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200n8
> root=/dev/ram initrd=0x11c00000,4M
> Got command setenv
> Unknown command!
> PBL v4.9> help
> Got command help

> write <start addr> <file>
> write <start addr>
> setbaud <baud rate>
> writeflash <start addr> <file>
> eraseflash <start addr> <number of 16k pages>
> quit
> exit
> PBL v4.9>
>
> So it seems I perhaps have a later v4.9 than other people are using? Or
> must setenv be enabled in some way?

setenv is a u-boot command, not a PBL command. It looks like you
haven't provide a command file for pbltool to run? The linux.pbl file
should load u-boot, the kernel and rootfs image for you, and then run
u-boot, which is where you type the setenv command.

J.

--
General Failure reading drive A:  Please remove your fist.