[E3-hacking] Greetings - and two questions

David J. Singer doc at deadvirgins.org.uk
Wed Mar 29 02:47:47 BST 2006

Hi all.

Just picked up an E3 on ebay for £20.  I'm really impressed with the progress
that's been made so far on hacking this puppy.  I have experience with Linux,
embedded systems and hardware design, so am looking forward to having a play!

I've had a look through the archives, and on the web, so apologies if these
questions have obvious answers, but:

1. Is it possible to save the original firmware image so as to return the
   phone to "factory defaults" should it ever be necessary...

2. Is there a "howto", or any step by step documentation covering the current
    state of play as regards getting new builds onto the device, etc.  I'm
    having  little trouble figuring out what's what from the various sources
    of information.

Keep up the good work :)

--
David J. Singer
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"