[E3-hacking] Knowledge of bootloader

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Thu Jan 19 23:38:01 GMT 2006

On Thursday 19 January 2006 19:01, Mark Underwood wrote:
[...]
> Could someone let me know if there are any docs describing how I can use
> the boot-loader to upload my own kernel into RAM and ideally also re-flash
> it?

Yes, this has been fairly well reverse engineered. I wrote a tool called pblq
that would do this sort of thing; see http://www.cowlark.com/amstrad.html.
Someone else on the list has a very similar tool called pbltool which is
apparently more complete --- sorry, I've forgotten who and where!

Is there a decent set of resources for this kind of software, yet? The one
page I know about (Ralph's page on inputplus) has lots of information on the
hardware, but not much about software.

--
+- David Given --McQ-+
| (dg at tao-group.com) |