[E3-hacking] Multiface Romantic Robot

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Sun Jan 8 00:31:44 GMT 2006

On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 11:44:26PM -0000, Will Conbhaill wrote:
> Does anyone think that a Multiface as produced by Romantic Robot as a
> tool for POKE be of any use in dealing with the firmware if the E2 /
> E3 is really a Spectrum?

It's not; the Spectrum is Z80 based and the E3 is an ARM, presumably
running an emulator when running the Spectrum based games.

I think there's probably enough info around to get a 2.6 Linux kernel
running on the E3; OMAP support is in mainline these days and the only
tricky bit is likely to be getting the NAND flash working. It's vaguely
on my list of things to do (I started writing support for pbltool to
boot kernels without having to flash them), but I haven't looked at the
E3 at all recently.

J.

                                            jid: noodles at jabber.earth.li
Don't be a stranger.