[E3-hacking] emailer plus

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Wed Feb 1 00:13:30 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 21:12, Matt Evans wrote:
[...]
> Basically it's possible to download/develop your own code on them
> relatively easily.  However, linux-wise, we'll have to run uClinux as
> the Sharp chip in use doesn't have a traditional MMU.  As far as I
> know there hasn't been any movement on porting uClinux (someone
> mentioned they had half a port in the works, and I'd also made a half-
> arsed start at it).

Minix 3 might also be a viable option; it should run a whole lot better in the
very limited RAM, and it's much more limited process model should be able to
cope with a non-MMU-based system.

For what I want to do with it, though, I'm rather more interested in writing a
single binary that runs on the bare metal... Jasmine, you've dealt with OMAP
boards. Can you get an off-the-shelf (free) gcc cross-compilation system that
deals with all the irritating libc details? If so, any pointers?

--
+- David Given --McQ-+
+- www.cowlark.com --+