[E3-hacking] Opie on the E3 woes...

Sean Furey sean-lists-e3-hacking at furey.me.uk
Wed Aug 30 00:08:33 BST 2006

(sorry if I've broken threading, I wasn't subscribed when the quoted
message was sent)

David Ford wrote:
> Right, yes, I have never managed to get the system to boot directly
> off a USB memory stick unfortunately, but you may have more luck than
> I did!

For what it's worth, I have a WGT634U booting with root on a USB stick
using the following kernel command line:

console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/sda1 rootdelay=10

I haven't tried booting the E3 from a USB stick, so I don't know if your
problems were the same as those the WGT has, but the rootdelay=10 gives
the kernel a bit of time to recognise the stick before it attempts to
mount it.

Sean