[E3-hacking] Re: E3 thing

Cliff Lawson clawson at amstrad.com
Tue Oct 4 15:27:22 BST 2005

Err sorry guys but in a kind of Mark Twain stylee - "rumours of the
emailer's death are perhaps a little exaggerated".

What actually happened was that on Sept 22nd we released our annual figures
and in the Chairman's report it was noted that E3s weren't selling at the
rate we'd like (seems folks aren't as interested in video telephony as we
hoped!) and we're writing down £5.7m to cover stock value. (But we've also
just changed the system to make video calls free until 1st Jan 2007 so
there's no longer a 50p additional charge when you switch a call to video)

Several financial news services (wrongly!) interpreted this to mean that we
were going to stop selling them. That simply isn't true. Just another
example of the media making up the stories to fit the facts.

Cliff