[E3-hacking] Email Etiquette. (Was: E2 PBL response)

Ralph Corderoy e3-hacking@earth.li
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:05:48 +0000

Hi David and Peter,

David Given wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 08:55 +0000, Peter Washington wrote:
> > I'm a bit of a newcomer, (complete virgin actually), to newsgroups
> > and mailing list, so please bear with me.
>
> That's okay; I'll help you with the mailing lists if you'll help me
> with the hardware...

I think what David forgot to point out here was your lines are too long.
I've re-formatted the above but your original lines were going up to 132
characters.  Convention is 72 characters max allowing for a few prefixes
of `> ' to be added without exceeding 80, which is all that fits on
these punch cards.

I know it's possible to alter Microsoft Outlook to do this but don't
know how.  Someone know of a good link to `configure MS OL for public
use'?

Cheers,

Ralph.