[E3-hacking] Line level conversion

Matt Evans e3-hacking@earth.li
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:48:37 +0000

Ohh bad news, David :(

(I would say the exact value of the caps really isn't that crucial, IME
it can be in the same ballpark and you'll just get some lack of
smoothing on the generated levels.  In all cases I'd trust Maxim's
datasheets over Maplin's catalogue though!)

Yes reverse polarity might be a killer (though open-circuit across
Gnd/Vcc isn't really an indication of this).

Re USB, it may well be that the 5V for USB is always present (they're
regulating 5V somewhere to provide the 5V out of the EXP port, after
all) - I shall try to check this out when I have it in a suitably
unbooted state.

Better luck next time :/

-Matt