[E3-hacking] Amstrad E3 GPL violation.

Ian Oliver e3-hacking@earth.li
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:56:41 +0100

In article <20050424092814.GJ7399@earth.li>, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> Reread my mail. I've already done this and it's available at:
>
> http://www.earth.li/~noodles/files/linux-2.4.18-mv30-E3.tar.bz2
>
> It's just not actually the right thing.

Doh, sorry!  I didn't scroll down far enough. <blush>

For what it's worth, I totally agree with you. Their business model is their
problem, if they choose to use GPL licensed code then they must comply with all
the obligations.

Given how easy it is to be GPL clean and still include proprietary code (using
dynamic binary-only modules and proprietary user-land programs) I'm never quite
sure how companies get themselves into this pickle.

Regards

Ian