[cgi-wiki-dev] Universal wiki edit button

Dominic Hargreaves dom at earth.li
Wed Jul 4 16:53:29 BST 2007

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 04:47:42PM +0100, Earle Martin wrote:

> One of the things that people talked about during the RoCoCoCamp
> conference (http://rocococamp.info/) back in May was creating a
> recognisable visual identity for the "edit this page" button, much as
> how the orange "waves" symbol now represents RSS feeds in many
> browsers. There's been a bunch of brainstorming over possible icons
> (http://www.aboutus.org/UniversalWikiEditButton/IconIdeas) and one's
> been settled on as "good enough for version 0.1". Your comments are
> most welcome at http://www.aboutus.org/UniversalWikiEditButton.
>
> Would people be amenable to including "the button", whatever it ends
> up as, in a forthcoming Wiki::Toolkit release?

While I understand why you're asking, I'm not sure that Wiki::Toolkit is
the correct please to be shipping graphical icons - the higher level
application (eg OpenGuides) is probably more suited to this.

I'm willing to be persuaded, though - if you could outline how you'd
expect the icons to be provided to the application.

Dominic.