[cgi-wiki-dev] [earle@downlode.org: Wiki::Toolkit metadata patch]

Nick Burch cgi-wiki at gagravarr.org
Sun Nov 19 12:45:07 GMT 2006

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> You're probably more familiar with Wiki::Toolkit than me at this point..
> does this look sane?

I had to spend 5 minutes checking we didn't already have it under another
name, as I was sure we should do!

Several snags. As Christopher has already mentioned, we try to avoid
having Toolkit.pm do database stuff directly. So, we'll want to split it
into a very simple bit in Toolkit.pm, and put the db stuff in
Store/Database.pm.

Next, it doesn't take account of moderation, or latest versions, so you'll
get old categories, categories from spam entries etc. Fixing this will be
a little trickier, since we don't want to have to compute the latest
moderated version for every metadata row, just once per node.

Finally, we'll want a test or two for it

I've created a ticket for it, and we can have a bash at this at the hack
weekend

Nick