[cgi-wiki-dev] Re: [OpenGuides-Dev] sqlite performance and migration?

Dominic Hargreaves cgi-wiki-dev@earth.li
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:06:29 +0100

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 12:48:57PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:

> I'd define the tables in the new db but without foreign key constraints
>   or indices;
> then for each table, select all the rows from the sqlite db and insert
>   into the new one;
> finally, turn the constraints and indices on
>
> The usual caveats about SQL dialects and portability apply, of course.

It would be really excellent if someone could write a set of scripts for
doing this for CGI::Wiki databases and this script could be included in
CGI::Wiki.

Cheers,

Dominic.