[cgi-wiki-dev] Formatter::HTML::Preformatted 0.1 Released

PAUSE cgi-wiki-dev@earth.li
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 20:07:09 +0200

Hi all!

Well, I kind of promised that I'll ask here about the name first, but
since quite a few people was around on IRC, I think it'll be OK.

I have just uploaded the file

    Formatter-HTML-Preformatted-0.1.tar.gz

which entered CPAN as

  file:
 $CPAN/authors/id/K/KJ/KJETILK/Formatter-HTML-Preformatted-0.1.tar.gz
 size: 3780 bytes
   md5: 4fea0affd9358017a28c2b964f8b4bad

This module is a veeery simple formatter, about the simplest you can
think of. It will just embed the text you give it in PRE tags, escape
any <, > or & you may have in the text, and turn any URIs to
hyperlinks. That's all...

I think that it is most useful when you do type a lot of code, perhaps
containing stuff that would have to be escaped anyway, and you don't
want to bother escaping the stuff or formatting it in a more elaborate
way.

BTW, my tests aren't very good, but I tried...

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo