[cgi-wiki-dev] CGI::Wiki::Formatter::Multiple

Kake L Pugh cgi-wiki-dev@earth.li
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:01:38 +0100

On Mon 13 Sep 2004, Tom Insam <tom@jerakeen.org> wrote:
> attached is a patch against CGI::Wiki::Formatter::Multiple 0.01 that
> will pass through the 'find_internal_links' call to the correct
> formatter - as far as I can tell, wikis with >1 formatter don't
> currently track backlinks..

Good work!  Can you send a test please?

> I've been very confused in writing this by the metadata object that
> gets thrown around - sometimes the formatter name is in a listref,
> sometimes not. I've tried to handle both cases in this patch, but I'm
> very confused. What's _supposed_ to be in the formatter metadata?

For a given metadata type, you can store either a single value or
several values.  In the single value case, when storing a node you can
specify the metadata value as either a scalar or a listref.  However
when retrieving a node you always get a listref.  I can't remember why
we did it like this, but there was a reason.  There may even have been
discussion.

Kake