[cgi-wiki-dev] Improved RecentChanges

Chris Prather cgi-wiki-dev@earth.li
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 13:15:12 -0500

On Saturday 12 June 2004 11:40 am, Kate L Pugh wrote:
> On Sat 12 Jun 2004, Chris Prather <chris@prather.org> wrote:
> > Look at http://orlando.pm.org ... it's got alot of bugs, and some of
> > the features don't work ... but I did use CGI::Wiki::Kwiki as my
> > reference implimentation. And I need to add in a copyright notice
> > for alot of the code I liberated from CGI::Wiki::Kwiki so y'all keep
> > your copyrights.
>
> Could we roll it into the CGI::Wiki::Kwiki distro, or make them have a
> common parent class or something, to avoid duplicating code?

Well I was gonna save a special tuit for a SAWA::Output::TT class so I could
just give you the CGI::Wiki::Kwiki as a SAWA package and it would be 100%
compatible with your current setup.

SAWA required me already to abstract most of that code into a context class.
This class works roughly as the model in a MVC architecture, all the business
logic is stored there. It shouldn't be hard to either abstract that again
into a class that's easily used by CGI::Wiki::Kwiki ... thinking about it
it's something I need to do for the above anyway.

> > If you'd like to inspect the code, lemme know.
>
> Yes please!  I expect there may be other people on the list interested too.

I'll clean it up a bit, abstract it out (see above) and put it somewhere where
you can get to it then.

-Chris