[cgi-wiki-dev] CGI-Wiki-Kwiki-0.45 with added diffs, please test

Ivor Williams cgi-wiki-dev@earth.li
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 00:01:29 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kate L Pugh" <kake@earth.li>
To: <cgi-wiki-dev@earth.li>
Sent: 11 December 2003 11:33
Subject: Re: [cgi-wiki-dev] CGI-Wiki-Kwiki-0.45 with added diffs, please test

> On Thu 11 Dec 2003, Ivor Williams <ivor.williams@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> > I noticed a couple of points after I submitted the patch. There is
> > an error in the template, differences.tt - it should be referring to
> > variables [% left_version %] and [% right_version %] not [% ver1 %]
> > and [% ver2 %].
>
> I fixed that by setting ver1 and ver2 before calling the template.
>
> > Also, there are stylesheet entries needed to see the diff in full
> > glorious technicolour:
> >
> > Perhaps the default style in header.tt should include these, and the
> > documentation should mention that these should be included in the
> > stylesheet.
>
> Yes, that might be good.  Earle, you're the CSS expert - is it evil to
> put style directives in the HTML itself, or is it OK because an
> external stylesheet will always override them?
>
> > I'm also looking at and writing more tests for CGI::Wiki::Plugin::Diff.
>
> Cool.  Can we get OpenGuides::Diff using this plugin too?

I fully intend to, as I have no intention of maintaining two pieces of code that serve
exactly the same purpose :).

The plan is to make obsolete OpenGuides::Diff.pm, and make OpenGuides.pm use
the plugin. How do you make something obsolete in CVS? I can remove the file from
the MANIFEST, which will sort out future release kits.

Ivor.