[cgi-wiki-dev] CGI::Wiki applications

Kate L Pugh cgi-wiki-dev@earth.li
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:38:51 +0000

[Martin - can you please start a new thread with a new Subject: header
 when you start a new topic?  It makes things much easier to follow and
 to find later on.  Thanks.]

On Thu 11 Dec 2003, Martin@Cleaver.org wrote:
> 1 Does wiki-toolkit.org show all the functionality of the toolkit?

No.  wiki-toolkit.org is running on CGI::Wiki::Kwiki, which is an
application built using various CPAN distributions including CGI::Wiki
and the Template toolkit.  It doesn't use "all" the features of either
distribution.  In particular it doesn't make much use of CGI::Wiki metadata.

> I'm not quite clear on the line between this and the open guides stuff.

OpenGuides is a separate application, also built using CGI::Wiki.

CGI::Wiki is a toolkit.  You use it to build applications.  These
applications may be related or may have nothing to do with each other.

> 2 Was the name Wiki::Toolkit ratified by the CPAN people?

I've tried twice to register the namespace using PAUSE, but nothing
seems to have happened.  Registration doesn't mean much other than
as a notification to other people that you intend to upload something
into that namespace though.

Kake