[cgi-wiki-dev] Table-prefix support

Kate L Pugh cgi-wiki-dev@earth.li
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:13:07 +0000

On Mon 17 Nov 2003, Jody Belka <lists-cgiwikidev@pimb.org> wrote:
> I've just hacked table-prefix support into my local copy of CGI::Wiki so
> as to enable all the OpenGuides sites hosted on my system to work out of
> one central database. Is this something other people would be interested
> in, and should i sort out some patch files with the changes i made and
> then email them to the list?

Yes, people have expressed interest in this.  I think it would be a
useful feature.  It - like any other new feature - won't go in the
distribution without tests though, and as this is quite a fundamental
feature it won't go in unless it's *very* well tested.  I don't want
to be telling people that it's now safe to use an existing database to
put their CGI::Wiki tables in and then for it to overwrite some of
their data.

It's a bit of a pain to write tests at the moment since everything is
so intertwingled, and I'm slowly working through the test suite
converting the tests to a more independent format.  You can wait for
me to finish that, or you can write tests using the existing framework
- up to you.  If you choose the latter though there is somewhat of a
race condition as I may finish and release before you :)

Kake