[cgi-wiki-dev] CGI::Wiki::Kwiki enhancements

Kate L Pugh cgi-wiki-dev@earth.li
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 21:44:10 +0100

I'd particularly like Jerakeen's input on this.

I have a wiki running on CGI::Wiki::Kwiki, for the local crafts group.
I've amended the wiki.cgi script to call a different, local set of
modules for certain nodes - see
  http://the.earth.li/~kake/cgi-bin/london.crafts/wiki.cgi?node=Yarn%20Database

(Please don't add junk data; this is a live site.)

Integration with the rest of the wiki is provided by using common
header/footer templates and a common API between the configuration for
CGI::Wiki::Kwiki and the local LondonCrafts::YarnDB distribution.

Now, LondonCrafts::YarnDB allows people to enter information about
various yarns, and will create a suitably-named node for each new
yarn.  I would like a way to "flag" yarn nodes so that when one is
viewed using the normal CGI::Wiki::Kwiki mechanism, a link to the
LondonCrafts::YarnDB information appears at the bottom of the page.

The flagging is easy - I just use CGI::Wiki directly and create a node
with Category metadata of "Yarn".  The link is easy too - I pass a
Template Toolkit variable containing a suitable query URL to the
template processor.

Ah.  How do I pass a Template Toolkit variable in to CGI::Wiki::Kwiki
and be sure it gets passed on to the template?

I do have some ideas of my own, but I'd appreciate input.

Kake