[cgi-wiki-dev] Wiki::Toolkit

Kate L Pugh cgi-wiki-dev@earth.li
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:40:45 +0100

On Sun 12 Oct 2003, Jonathan Swartz <swartz@pobox.com> wrote:
> Oh, I see - the name of that node actually has spaces in it.

Yes.  Now, to link to those node names from the POD formatted nodes
isn't currently possible, since POD thinks that things with spaces in
are sections of the same document, rather than separate documents.
CGI::Wiki::Formatter::Pod needs a usemod_extended_links parameter to
allow it to deal with these via a post- or pre-processor.  Shouldn't
be hard.

> Um - you want people to stop using StudlyCaps for all links - on this
> particular wiki, or on any Wiki::Toolkit wiki?

On this particular wiki.

> Aren't StudlyCaps a pretty universal wiki standard? Have you found
> them to be too limiting?

They're ugly.  We don't use them on OpenGuides, or on the London.crafts wiki.

Kake