Subject: [Gllug] Open Source Hardware - event & list.
From: Andrew Back <[email-masked]>
To: Greater London Linux User Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 10:35:12 +0100

Hello,

In slightly tangential but not completely OT news, a few of us are starting
up a group we hope will be seen as complementing the LUG - an Open Source
Hardware Users Group. We're all based in and around London thus far, but not
aiming to focus on any one geographic area at this point. A fledgling
website with links to the lists :

http://oshug.org

We're also organising a meeting on Thursday 29th April, and are pretty
excited at having confirmed David May, CTO of XMOS [1], as a speaker. A name
some of the older list members (and younger ones with an interest in
microprocessor architecture or parallel computing) might recognise as the
architect of the transputer [2] and author of the concurrent programming
language, occam. Registration for the event is required:

http://oshugxmos.eventbrite.com/

Suggestions of speakers for future events and offers of help in organising
etc are most welcome, and should be directed to [email-masked] (sign-up
required to post).

Cheers,

Andrew

[1] - http://www.xmos.com/
[2] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transputer  (ignore the Games spam)

-- =

Andrew Back
mailto:[email-masked]
http://carrierdetect.com
-- =

Gllug mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://lists.gllug.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/gllug