Subject: [IET Anglian Coastal Network] - 3rd May Talk on Linux in Classrooms in Developing Countries
From: "The Institution of Engineering and Technology" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 11:18:25 +0100

Hi All,

This is a reminder of a great event we have coming up on the 3rd May.

Linux in Classrooms in Developing Countries
Date: 3rd May 2007
Time: 6:00 for 6:30pm
Speaker: Richard Newbould, from Switched On.
Venue: Alan Rudge Lecture Theatre, BT Adastral Park, Martlesham Heath. Ipswich IP5 3RE.

Local charity, Switched On, has a vision to see, "Underprivileged peoples switched-on to
the 
benefits of computing and the Internet." Helping individuals and communities cross the
digital divide 
will be a vital form of empowerment for many, enabling beneficiaries to grow both in
self-esteem and 
earning potential. Switched On is pioneering innovative, low-cost and effective computer
systems to 
meet this gaping need. In technology terms we are using Open Source (Linux) software on a 
thin client architecture. 

Come and learn about the technologies we used and human challenges faced in deploying
systems
for poor communities in New Delhi, India and Bangkok, Thailand.

Ticket required for Security admission to site 48hrs in advance from
mailto:[email-masked]

For more details on any Anglian Coastal Events please see the Anglian Coastal Website at 
http://www.iee.org/anglian/

We look forwards to seeing you at an event soon.

Sent on behalf of the Anglian Coastal Network by David Higgins Hon. Sec. 
mailto:[email-masked]

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive
a response.

The Institution of Engineering and Technology (the IET) is a not for profit 
organisation, registered Charity No. 211014.

You have been sent this email because according to our records you have either invited or 
agreed to receive information about the IET, and its associated organisations, products
and services, 
by electronic means. To ensure you continue to receive emails on this subject from the
IET, 
please add [email-masked] to your address book. If you do not wish to receive
further 
emails from the IET, please visit http://www.theiet.org/help/optout.cfm?id=81351669