pppctl is a suite of programs for controlling a PPP connection. The
current version is 0.0.4.
pppctl is a suite of programs designed to help manage an internet
connection. It's ideal for automating internet connections that just
connect, pickup and send email and news and then disconnect. It can also
help manage multiple ISPS and calculate online times for charging
pppctl consists of:
- pppcharge controls charging, using /etc/ppp/charging.inf as it's data
file. Run it with --help to get a list of commands it accepts.
- pppctl is a simple CGI program I use to create /etc/ppp/dialup and
/etc/ppp/nohangup files to feed to pollmail.
- status is a companion CGI to pppctl that enables users to view the
current online status from a webpage and also to see which features
of pollmail are currently running.
- pollmail is a script I have running that looks for the /etc/ppp/dialup
and /etc/ppp/nohangup semaphore files to control going online. It
automatically grabs news/email/uucp and sets the system clock with
- killppp is a script which kills the ppp link and also removes any of the
pollmail semaphore files.
- useisp is a script that allows selection of an ISP from a selection. It
uses files in /etc/ppp/isps named .scr and options. and will
copy these to /etc/ppp/connect.scr and /etc/ppp/options when an ISP is
pppctl is currently very rough, but it works for me.
pppctl is distributed according to the
GNU General Public Licence
and was written by Jonathan McDowell.
© Project Purple 1999