[sisela] Mount hard disk in sisela 0.3

Martin Ling sisela@earth.li
Mon, 10 May 2004 16:45:29 +0100

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 11:15:20AM +0800, Christopher HO Yu Jin wrote:

> I've just created a sisela 0.3 floppy disk, and managed to boot successfully
> on my laptop. However, I am not able to mount my hard disk.
> Is there something against mounting hard disks in 0.3? How do I go about it
> if I want to mount my hard disk?

There's no hard disk support in Sisela - everything is cut down to the
bare minimum needed for doing networking, and that includes the
necessary driver code for IDE & SCSI devices such as hard disks.

If you'd like a version with hard disk support you can build one from
the source package by changing the kernel configuration to include
the necessary drivers and/or filesystem support. Bear in mind that to
fit this in you'll need to get rid of some other stuff - network card
drivers you don't require would be the obvious choice.

Martin

--
http://the.earth.li/~martin/