[E3-hacking] FW: HI I have a Amstrad E3 Emailer that's deactivated and I was wondering..

Nick Griffin span1922 at live.com
Thu Mar 14 22:20:27 GMT 2019

Is there anyway of activating it, I still have it connected to my phone line because I can still make calls on it.. 😉
If you pick up the Handset then hold down [EMAIL] button for about 3 to 4 secs or until it says “Dialling for Mail” comes up, then it will abort it and say ”Aborting email call.. Please Wait...” it will take about 18 seconds then the phone will come on and you will hear a dial tone.. 😊 Handsfree works too so you can press the HANDSFREE button if you need too, but you have to dial the number you want, Address book still don’t work.

Anyone know of away of activating the Amstrad E3 without the service or Amserve serve now, how did they test the E3 at the factory, they had to get into it to test the E3s features and test the firmware make sure it works properly, I wonder if there is a set of keys you need to press to activate it while you power it on, probably not.. :(  ???

I was thinking anyone know how the firmware works, like how the E3 connected to the Amserve server, I know it used 0909 numbers for each part of server it would connect to, do the E3 use normal dialup protocol, would there be a way of using a 56 modem on a PC and get the E3 to connect to it through its modem and make our own server in a way, so like pc to pc connection but through a dial in server so if you wanted to connect a 90s PC that has win 95/98 on and no network and connect it to WinXP through its dialup 65k modem...??

Anyway, speak soon... 😊