[E3-hacking] Hello!

Adam Ainsworth adam.ainsworth at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 10:27:45 BST 2019

Hi all,

Came across this list while looking for hacking info on the Emailer. It's a bit out of my usual area of interest, normally I'm playing with 8-bit computers and old PC-alikes.

I got an Emailer Plus in new condition about a while back, but forgot about it until recently when I picked up a Pocket Dockit to go with it. I just fired it up to see what it could do, and that turned out to be...nothing! I watched the Chinnyvision video on it, and he came to the same conclusion.

 https://youtu.be/aY6R72nWJsU

I did find a couple of articles, although one (where the author appeared to have Linux running on it) is presumably by someone on this list, given the URL. There was also mention of hooking up a Raspberry Pi to it. I'm also wondering if a wifi modem would do the trick, although presumably we'd need to know how the server software worked if it did connect.

Without me going through all of the list archives, can someone just give me a quick update on the current status of hacking it? Has someone found a way in, or have I wasted £12 or so on the hardware?

Thanks very much!

Adam

========