[E3-hacking] E1

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Mon Apr 29 15:06:35 BST 2019

The Pocket Dockit interface is just a TTL serial connection attached to (I
think) the other UART on the processor, although I've no idea whether it's
inverted or not. It's probably really easy to reverse engineer and spoof,
with some basic electronics skills and a logic analyser. I know if anyone's
investigated it.

It'd theoretically be possible to exploit bugs in the emailer software, if
there are any, to break into the stock firmware that way even on a PBL 5.1
system. That'd be a *hellish* amount of work, though.

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 at 02:02, Nick Griffin <span1922 at live.com> wrote:

> I noticed you were talking about the E1 and the Pocket Dock IT, How far
> did your investigations get with the E1..?
>
> Does anyone know how the Pocket Dock IT works and the slot it connects to
> on the E-mailer(E1/2/3) I ask this because you can use the Pocket Dock IT
> to copy the Configuration Change Set Up from one E-mailer to another
> E-mailer but has to be the same model and activated. I was wondering how it
> copies the setup over to the Pocket Dock IT and back, if we could interface
> with the dock or Pocket Dock IT we could maybe save the setup from the
> E-mailer or Pocket Dock IT to the PC.
>
> If the batteries in the Pocket Dock IT run out, the setup from the
> E-mailer gets deleted.
>
> Just a idea..??
>
> Spanner..
>
> http://amstrad-e3-hacking.freeforums.net/thread/6/e1

┌─── http://www.cowlark.com ───
│ "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
│ telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out
│ how to use my telephone." --- Bjarne Stroustrup