[E3-hacking] Config / content filesystem

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Wed Apr 24 18:01:52 BST 2019

Hi Nick,

> Starting restore.. This might take a while...
> found /media/sda1/e3-nand.0
> erasing 224 on /dev/mtd0
> Erase Total 224 Units
> Performing Flash Erase of length 16384 at offset 0x37c000 done offset 0x1f8000
> writing flash
> Input file is not page aligned

That's nandwrite detecting the file's length means it doesn't contain a
whole number of what it expects.

> Data did not fit into device, due to bad blocks

That's just a secondary error caused by the first that can be ignored;
a bug in nandwrite.

https://github.com/vamanea/mtd-utils/blob/master/nandwrite.c#L46 says -o
means image contains OOB data, but we've stripped it out so the
    nandwrite -on $dev $f
you have needs to be
    nandwrite -n $dev $f

That's assuming it's okay to write the data without the OOB part;
I don't know about mtd but that's the implication I picked up from
earlier in this thread.

--
Cheers, Ralph.