[E3-hacking] Another Idea about the Amstrad E3 Original Firmware

Nick Griffin span1922 at live.com
Mon Apr 15 12:46:31 BST 2019

Sorry had to add abit I missed..šŸ˜Š

This is another idea I have, this is about the Amstrad E3 Original Firmware, I wish I thought of this before I flashed E3 Linux on mine. This will only work if your E3 is activated(unlocked).

The installer for installing E3 Linux on the E3 Release V2 uses a Ramdisk to boot up so it can flash E3 Linux to the E3s NAND.
Only read the part in brakets if you donā€™t know how to run the e3 Linux Release v2 so it runs its ramdisk.. move to ā€œMy ideaā€¦ā€ if you do..
(You need to connect your E3 by Serial then download http://the.earth.li/pub/e3/E3_release_v2.tar.gz and uncompress it,this will only work on Linux, it donā€™t work on Windows,then click on readme to find out how to boot in to E3 Linux BUT DO NOT INSTALL IT, Only run the Installer but using the pbltool command in the readme Once you have logged on with root then you need to find out how to mount a MTD Partition<https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&q=how+to+mount+a+MTD+Partition&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8>.)

My idea is you should be able to mount the Amstrad Original file system,its in one of the mtd partitions,I donā€™t know of hand what command you would use to mount it, once you have mounted it, this may work but may not I canā€™t test it because I flashed mine with E3 Linux V2,I wish I didnā€™t now, anyway.
Once in the file system(you need the partition with the Main Software on) look for Delta_e_live.config its should be in there somewhere, If the E3 is works and is unlocked Activated, Plug in your USB Stick, copy it to your USB Stick for save keeping and to keep the config the way it is, like a snapshot of it (you add more time to the E3 by coping it over the file again, this is why you need a copy of the file)if you can, but should be able to copy it or edit it, if you do find it can you please share it, I would like to look at it, I am hoping its just a text file but this is just guess work will not know until we find the config file.

Let me know if this works or you find the config file.

Oh the E2 (Amstrad Emailer Plus) has one too, its called Gamma_e_live.confg. and works the same way as on the E3.

Hope this works.. šŸ˜Š

Spanner..