[E3-hacking] Would Chafa work on E3 Linux for Animated gif on CLI

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at e3.open.source.it
Sun Apr 14 12:05:46 BST 2019

On Sunday 14 April 2019 at 12:31:05, Nick Griffin wrote:

> Hi..
> I just wanted to know if I could install its tarball because E3 Linux don’t
> have a repository to install programs, but it might need dependencies so its
> trial and error to see which programs works and what don’t, I thought it was
> a good idea using it as photo viewer, the goal was to put Linux on the E3
> but now, you have to find something to do with it otherwise what's the point
of putting Linux on it in the first place, Well part of it is a learning curve
> and to see if it was possible, hats of to all that made it possible.. 😊 but
> it needs a end result,the whole idea is to make it better and useful, what
> it really needs is a basic desktop, something bit like what's on the
> Raspberry PI 1 or Zero but the E3 is probably not powerful enough or it
> needs its own custom GUI.

I do find myself wondering "what are you trying to achieve with this process?"

 - what are you trying to end up with being able to do with your E3?

If it's primarily a learning process, then I believe you are already
succeeding - congratulations.

Antony.

--
This sentence contains exacly three erors.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.