[E3-hacking] Fw: I found Cliff Lawson old website about Amstrad

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Sun Apr 7 18:48:48 BST 2019

Hi Nick,

>    read <filename> <startaddress> <length>
>               Reads data from RAM into the specified file
>               Reads data from the NAND flash (very, very slowly)

Is it the distinction between RAM and NAND flash that's confusing you?
Otherwise, they're pretty similar.

> Not beaning funny but posting on here is hard, I have never used email
> so much,well I don’t use email

It's always a good time to learn to use email properly.  It's the core
of many projects' communications.  Lots of data can flow into email,
e.g. RSS feed readers, and cron-job output.  And there are many programs
that can read it, search it, and store it as a text file per email for
access by the normal Unix text processing tools.  Email is king.  :-)

--
Cheers, Ralph.