[E3-hacking] Some things I have found on the Amstrad E3 while I was pressing different buttons.

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at e3.open.source.it
Wed Apr 3 16:24:23 BST 2019

On Wednesday 03 April 2019 at 17:09:43, Nick Griffin wrote:

> Delta_e_live could stand for Delta Emailer Live, why have the name live in
> its name, so that could be the file that keeps in on and that file after 2
> or 3 months gets deleted or it tells the Emailer how long to keep a live
> for and then the Emailer deactivates itself

Or, possibly it refers to the "Live" release of the software, distinct from
"Development" and "Test" etc?

> That file looks important because it has a its own IP address so the
> Emailer can download it. http://212.225.36.174/delta_e_live.config and it
> has a version number - config_a version: 0. Just some idea.. 😊

I also wanted to reply to this thread simply to confirm that there's at least
one other person out here who's still interested in these things (I believe I
have either 4 or 5 in total, never connected to a phone line, and I also have
a serial connector cable (somewhere), although it's still RS232, not USB (but
I think that can't be hard to change)).

Happy to help out further if I can make the time for it :)

Antony.

--
.evah I serutangis sseltniop tsom eht fo eno eb tsum sihT

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.