[E3-hacking] Support status update

Janusz Krzysztofik jkrzyszt at tis.icnet.pl
Tue May 18 19:24:12 BST 2010

Tuesday 18 May 2010 13:37:12 Antony Stone wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 May 2010 at 13:27, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> > Hi Janusz,
> >
> > > BTW, my 12-bit framebuffer display support has been accepted and
> > > included in mplayer svn revision 31139 on May 6th. Using it, I can
> > > enjoy a prescaled 422x316 5fps MSMPEG-4 encoded live video stream
> > > playing fluently in fullscreen mode on my E3 display.
> >
> > This is all excellent news.  Thanks for your hard work.
>
> Indeed, and thank you particularly for posting here to tell us about the
> current state of the kernel drivers and hardware functionality.
>
> It's really good, not only to know that such good progress is being made,
> but also to see it presented here where we can see what has happened.

It's good to know there are still people over there who are interested ;).

One more information: before the 12-bit display support has been added to
mplayer, I managed to get necessary changes included in a widely used ffmpeg
video library. Thus, it should be now relatively easy to extend 12-bit
display support to other ffmpeg based media players / media i/o libraries,
like vlc or libxine, if someone is interested.

Thanks,
Janusz