[E3-hacking] Trying to load u-boot from NAND.

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Sun May 14 20:43:49 BST 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 04:19:14PM +0100, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 10:53:19PM +0100, David Given wrote:
> > Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> > [...]
> > > Leading to the following output from a freshly powered on E3:
> > Hurrah! This is great news; it means that sometime soon I should
> > finally be able to get rid of the serial cable...
> Unfortunately I'm now stuck at the point where I can turn on the E3,
> have PBL load !LDR from NAND, !LDR load u-boot from NAND, u-boot load
> the kernel from NAND, the kernel does its uncompression, then hangs.
> Whereas if I load the same !LDR image to PBL over the serial port
> what PBL twiddles when loading something from NAND that's breaking it
> all.

Er, and now bizarrely I find that disabling CONFIG_DEBUG_MUTEXES means
it boots, which just seems wrong.

This means I now have an E3 that will boot (albeit slowly) without
having to be fed anything over the serial port. I'll try and get a
tarball of bits and instructions together this week so some other brave
soul can try and let us know if it works for them too. :)

What's everyone else working on at present and how's it going?

J.

--
      101 things you can't have too much of : 46 - Clinton jokes.