[E3-hacking] Cleaned up patches inc LCD support.

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Mon Mar 6 18:23:50 GMT 2006

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 06:08:09PM +0000, Matt Callow wrote:
> > Currently I'm working on the boot process. I have u-boot supporting
> > the E3 NAND flash now, and reading the jffs2 fs (though very slowly;
> > I think I might try the kernel just in raw NAND). You can see a
> > basic boot at:
> >
> > http://pastebin.ca/44626
>
> Great. I guess loading the kernel from raw NAND will be fine as long
> as you can handle back blocks?

I believe u-boot will do this for me.

> Have you considered making calls to the PBL to read the NAND? There is
> a program for the e2 (e2-monitor) which does this. You'd have to find
> the address to call, but I see you've already done some disassembly of
> PBL.

I don't see what this actually gives us. Also there are different
versions of PBL out there so we'd have to cope with each of them. I
think we want to remain as independent as possible; use PBL to get
u-boot started and then ditch it.

> > Does anyone still have an E3 running 2.4 with shell access working? Any
> > chance of giving me the output of /proc/dfd with the phone on and off
> > hook? I'm guessing the hook switch hangs off a GPIO line.
> On Hook:
> GPIO_DATA_INPUT            =0xfb93
> GPIO_DATA_INPUT bits 1 0 1 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 1
>
> Off Hook:
> GPIO_DATA_INPUT            =0xfb83
> GPIO_DATA_INPUT bits 1 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

Great. That would appear to be GPIO 4 then.

> I also tested the other keys and found:
> RECALL released/pressed GPIO_DATA_INPUT   =0xfb93/0x7b93
> REDIAL/P released/pressed GPIO_DATA_INPUT =0xfb93/0xbb93

These are handled by the omap-keypad driver already.

J.

--
                 |   Is it real, or is it Mimozine?   |