[E3-hacking] Hello! (and cheap E3s)

James Tinmouth james-amstrad at emailblock.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 07:37:27 GMT 2006

Hi Chris,

Although the vast majority of the content was beyond me, I'd personally
recommend reading the archives of the mailing list
(http://www.earth.li/pipermail/e3-hacking/) from March and April 2004 and
possibly beyond, if you have not already done so. Sounds like it would not be
so much beyond you ;) The posts shed a lot of light on what I thought I was
discovering for the first time, includes the first mentions of running code on
the E3, and also I think it is mentioned how they do ethernet at Amstrad (some
USB adaptor AFAIR)

I've got to trawl through May and beyond before I start trying to contribute
to the list again!

As an aside (and shoot me down if it is mentioned in the later archives ;) if
anyone has any suggestions of what I should plonk on the other side of a PBX
to talk to the E3, could you give me a quick point in the right direction? I
got a lot of asterisk to do in the next couple of weeks and if I can cover
that bit at the same time it would be nice.

Cheers,
James