[E3-hacking] previous amstrad emailer

David Given e3-hacking@earth.li
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:11:46 +0000

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 10:53 +0000, paul@e3.sbrk.co.uk wrote:
[...]
> What I did was configure the emailer to dial another modem instead
> of the premium rate number by using a cheap 4 port pbx.

That's rather interesting; it opens up the possibility for an
alternative mechanism for reflashing it by pretending to be an official
Amstrad firmware update...

Incidentally, while I was poking about on Usenet, I found a number of
reports that if you prevent the e-mailer from calling the 0800 advert
retrieval number for more than a few weeks, it'll stop working
completely. How long have you had it set up like that?

(This isn't a problem with *my* E2, because I long since accidentally
erased a chunk of the firmware I hadn't backed up...)

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ (base 10) = (base pi)
+- www.cowlark.com --+ 4 = 12.201220211...