[E3-hacking] Cheap PL2303 cable @ Ebuyer

Matt Evans matt at axio.ms
Thu Jul 14 15:45:43 BST 2005

On 14 Jul 2005, at 15:20, Peter Riocreux wrote:

> David Given <dg at cowlark.com> writes:
>
>> On Wednesday 13 July 2005 12:56, David Given wrote:
>> [...]
>>> Well, I now have one. I should be getting scans of it reasonably
>>> soon.
>>
>> Scans available:
>>
>> http://www.cowlark.com/amstrad.html
>
>> From the pics it looks like it is built to take a 9-pin D connector -
> even the mechanical mounting holes are there. That would make it more
> versaitile I think - a lead with the appropriate 9-pin D and whatever
> connectors can then be used for each relevant project.

It'd be a little tempting (for those sleepy late-night engineers) to
plug a real RS232 plug into that DB9 though, which'll probably zap the
PL2303 ;)

I just looked at the scans - that board is the same as mine - first
picture, look at the pads along the bottom.  That's where my switch is.
  I believe there's space for a SMT MAX232-alike on there, and inductors
- i.e. the board is designed for a full RS232-USB serial dongle.

-Matt