Subject: Re: [E3-hacking] Cleaned up patches inc LCD support.

From: Matt Callow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 14:13:36 +0000

> Ok. I've spent a while trying to clean up the patchset and work out what
> was required and what wasn't for the kernel. These are now all up at:
> 
> http://the.earth.li/pub/e3/2.6.15/
> 
That's great. I have it all running on my e3 now. Thanks to everyone who has helped to get this far.

I've started trying to get the internal modem to work. I can talk to it via ttyS1 and can do normal modem stuff with it. Haven't managed to use it as a phone yet though.
Chris Lawson hinted that the codec is connected to one of the DSP serial ports, but the data sheet for the modem shows the codec connected directly to the modem. Is there a switch somewhere (in on the the latches) to control what the codec is connected to?

Matt

---

From: Jonathan McDowell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:18:11 +0000

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 02:13:36PM +0000, Matt Callow wrote:
> > Ok. I've spent a while trying to clean up the patchset and work out
> > what was required and what wasn't for the kernel. These are now all
> > up at:
> > 

> I've started trying to get the internal modem to work. I can talk to
> it via ttyS1 and can do normal modem stuff with it. Haven't managed to
> use it as a phone yet though.

Excellent. I'd mapped it in in my patch, but not got round to
registering it with the 8250 driver. That's something I can cross off my
todo list. Do you have a patch to enable this I can add?

Currently I'm working on the boot process. I have u-boot supporting the
E3 NAND flash now, and reading the jffs2 fs (though very slowly; I think
I might try the kernel just in raw NAND). You can see a basic boot at:

http://pastebin.ca/44626

I'm going to try wrapping u-boot up in a LDR block to see if I can get
PBL to load it, leading to a standalone boot process hopefully.

I believe Mark is looking at getting the mini keyboard to work.

Does anyone still have an E3 running 2.4 with shell access working? Any
chance of giving me the output of /proc/dfd with the phone on and off
hook? I'm guessing the hook switch hangs off a GPIO line.

> Chris Lawson hinted that the codec is connected to one of the DSP

Cliff. ;)

> serial ports, but the data sheet for the modem shows the codec
> connected directly to the modem. Is there a switch somewhere (in on
> the the latches) to control what the codec is connected to?

AMS_DELTA_LATCH2_MODEM_CODEC isn't what you're looking for, is it?

J.

-- 
                    I'm only here for the salad bar.