Subject: [E3-hacking] OpenEmbedded and the E3

From: David Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 14:33:45 +0100

Hello,

I've made a first attempt at getting OpenEmbedded working on the E3.
I've got to the point where it will boot into a ramdisk, and I can get a
shell via both Serial and the console. Dropbear sshd also seems to work.
Patches, and files that have been built are at http://hu.gs/pub/E3

I've also had a quick look at getting OPIE working, and have got it
building, however the colours don't work properly. It certainly gets as
far as the calibration screen though.

Thanks

David

---

From: David Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 22:51:16 +0100

> far as the calibration screen though.

I've updated the patch on http://hu.gs/pub/E3 to include an initial
patch to solve the LCD colour issues with QT embedded, so that OPIE now
works. There are photos there of the Opie calibration page, and the main
screen (I haven't yet managed to locate a USB hub, so can't tell for
certain whether the mouse works in this yet!, as I'm running OPIE from
USB memory stick).

The LCD patch probably will want reworking later, as all it currently
does is to modify the 16-bit mode to restrict it to the 12-bit setting
the E3 uses, we should probably separate 12-bit mode out eventually,
however this patch serves for testing.

David