Subject: RE: [E3-hacking] E3 Emailer

From: Cliff Lawson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:23:27 +0100

Like I say, we make absolutely no secret of the charging model. It's in red
warning labels on the outside of the box and also before you read the
manual. As I say you are getting £100+ worth of electronics for £20-£30 so
it's hopefully obvious why there has to be a subsidy payback mechanism. As
always you pays yer money and you takes yer choice! 

We may not have a network to support (though Demon-Thus who act as our ISP
do!) but we do have a h/w subsidy to support

Cliff

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gerard Jemitus [mailto:[email-masked]]
> 
> While the mobile phone analogy works to a point, it's now a 
> primarily usage 
> based charging model, and anyway, mobiles have a network to 
> support. Maybe 
> if Amstrad had gone for usage rather than affectively daily 
> rental plus 
> usage charges, they may have sold a few more.
> 

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended exclusively for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. This message is attributed to the sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Amstrad Plc or its subsidiaries.

For further information on Amstrad Plc please visit our website: www.amstrad.com

Amstrad Plc.
Brentwood House
169 Kings Road
Brentwood
Essex CM14 4EF
Registered in England : No. 955321

---

From: "Gerard Jemitus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:47:42 +0100

Hi Cliff,

I do appreciate what you say, I just think that in these days of broadband, 
wireless etc., the charges are unrealistic. Maybe if they were just usage 
based, and lower, you would actually have sold more phones, and that people 
would actually use them. I'm only guessing that many of the E3's out there 
are not being used very much, if at all. It's no use giving the phones away 
if people aren't going to use them..... better to sell them at a sensible 
price & make a bit from usage charges.

Cheers

Gerry

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Cliff Lawson" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Discussion of the Amstrad E3 emailer hardware/software'" 
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 1:23 PM
Subject: RE: [E3-hacking] E3 Emailer

Cliff

> usage charges, they may have sold a few more.

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended exclusively 
for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient please delete it 
from your system and notify the sender immediately. This message is 
attributed to the sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of 
Amstrad Plc or its subsidiaries.

For further information on Amstrad Plc please visit our website: 
www.amstrad.com

Amstrad Plc.
Brentwood House
169 Kings Road
Brentwood
Essex CM14 4EF

_______________________________________________
e3-hacking mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.earth.li/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/e3-hacking

__________ NOD32 1.1663 (20060716) Information __________

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
http://www.eset.com