Subject: RE: [E3-hacking] OpenEmbedded and the E3

From: Cliff Lawson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 09:54:17 +0100

> -----Original Message-----
> From: David Ford [mailto:[email-masked]]
> 
> I've also had a quick look at getting OPIE working, and have got it
> building, however the colours don't work properly. It 
> certainly gets as
> far as the calibration screen though.

When we run OPIE re usually do it on top of a kernel where the video driver
has been modified to do the more traditional 5:6:5 encoding of R:G:B rather
than the actual ?:4:4:4 that we use. At the end of the day there are STILL
just four bits for each colour in 5:6:5 so the bottom 1:2:1 are don't care
bits as the passive mode LCD controller in the OMAP cannot go beyond 4 bit
colour and, in fact, it isn't even 4,096 colours either as 1110 and 1111 are
the same colour intensity - there's only 15 distinct levels for R, G and B
so you actually get 3,375 colours.

Cliff

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended exclusively for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. This message is attributed to the sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Amstrad Plc or its subsidiaries.

For further information on Amstrad Plc please visit our website: www.amstrad.com

Amstrad Plc.
Brentwood House
169 Kings Road
Brentwood
Essex CM14 4EF
Registered in England : No. 955321