Subject: [E3-hacking] E3 with Linux, login and p/word required please?

From: Paul Toghill <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 10:50:51 +0100

Hello,

I have found an E3 with a Linux kernel installed. After it has booted up it
is asking for an Amsdel ta login and password. Does anyone know what the
login and password are please?

The screen has a cartoon penguin or duck in the top left hand corner and
then it goes through the booting sequence and then asks for login name and
password.

Can anybody help with this?

Many thanks from Paul.

---

From: Ralph Corderoy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 15:02:51 +0100

Hi Paul,

> I have found an E3 with a Linux kernel installed. After it has booted
> up it is asking for an Amsdelta login and password. Does anyone know
> what the login and password are please?

Can you tell what the bootloader is?  Does it give the ability to modify
the kernel's parameters?  You should be able to gain root access with
`single' or `init=/bin/sh' in the normal, non-Amstrad, manner.

-- 
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy

---

From: Jonathan McDowell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 14:40:06 +0100

> `single' or `init=/bin/sh' in the normal, non-Amstrad, manner.

My distant memory is that the "root" user should have no password set,
at least in the original amsdelta images I produced.

J.

-- 
Are you out of my mind?