Subject: [E3-hacking] Another small step ....

From: mark <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 01:54:24 +0000

Hi,

I now have compiled C code running happily on the E3 but only in SRAM,
for some reason the SDRAM isn't happy on my phone at the moment.

I guess now I can spend more time learning about OMAP and peripherals
instead of assembler.

Any progress on u-boot/Linux? I tried but its beyond me at the moment.

Regards, Mark.

---

From: Jasmine Strong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 03:00:03 +0100

> for some reason the SDRAM isn't happy on my phone at the moment.

You need to set up the clocks and make sure the PLLs have stabilized
before you write to SDRAM.   The clock tree starts in the UPLD, so
you need that to be set up right. You also need to set up the SDRC  
registers
correctly.  OMAP will do refresh cycles and all that jazz for you, so  
no need
to worry about that as long as the SDRC regs are set up right.

-J.

---

From: mark <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 07:12:39 +0000

Jasmine Strong wrote:
> correctly.  OMAP will do refresh cycles and all that jazz for you, so no
> need
> _______________________________________________
> e3-hacking mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.earth.li/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/e3-hacking
> 

Thanks for the info,

I'll search some documentation out today and have a look.

Mark.