Subject: [E3-hacking] E2 died suddenly, now

From: "Jonathan H" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 19:00:59 +0100

I know this is the E3 list, but I can't find anything closer!

My parents had an e2 with all their addresses, emails, voicemails etc on it.

Apparently, one day the screen went "bitty" and it was complaining
about memory (I'd stuck an old 8Mb camera card in about 3 years ago,
which was working fine).
So, they cleared most of the voicemails and emails, but next day, all
the happened was thet the voicemail and email lights were flashing
alternately, no dialtone, no screen.

I've read this:
http://inputplus.co.uk/ralph/emailer/faq.html#reset
but it didn't work, although I DID find that by pushing three buttons
on the right, I could get an interesting "three lights flashing"
sequence. I thought I could recover the messages and address book, but
my PC doesn't seem to want to read the Smartmedia card.
(Yes, we tried powering off and removing the memory card, in case it was that)
I had the lid off and wiggled things - you never know!

Also looked at this
http://www.cowlark.com/amstrad.html
but it's all a bit hardcore for me!

Is there ANY rescuing this?