Subject: Re: [E3-hacking] E3 Memory Map?

From: "David J. Singer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 18:01:22 +0000

Errm, all this discussion about PBL and loading from NAND is interesting, 
but doesn't really answer my original question :-)

I'll be more specific:  Where does the Amstrad firmware sit in the NAND flash?  
Does the 'linux.pbl' build deliberately avoid the amstrad code, or could it 
in theory wipe it out...?  What are the memory ranges available?

Could someone chuck an annotated memory map diagram on the wiki perhaps?

-- 
David J. Singer
[email-masked]
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"

---

From: Matt Callow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 18:25:33 +0100

David J. Singer wrote:
> in theory wipe it out...?  
using pbltool with the default linux.pbl as provided by Mark wont touch 
the Amstrad code - it only writes to RAM, so a powercycle of the E3 will 
bring it back to it's default state.

Matt