Subject: [E3-hacking] How to open the E3 case?

From: Janusz Krzysztofik <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 11:22:27 +0200

Hi,

Could someone please give me an advice how I could disassemble my E3 without 
breaking the case? I have removed 6 screws from the bottom side and still 
don't know how to open its rear without applying much force. Is it necessary 
to remove the panel first?

Thanks,
Janusz

---

From: David Given <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 11:02:18 +0100

> to remove the panel first?

You also need to unclip the keyboard overlay, which will reveal some 
more screws.

The panel doesn't actually come off, alas (and the wires inside aren't 
quite long enough the lay the top cover on its side next to the open 
case. Running it with the top off is a hassle. Have we learned nothing 
from the Commodore Pet?).

-- 
David Given
[email-masked]

---

From: Janusz Krzysztofik <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 14:49:13 +0200

David Given wrote:
>> Could someone please give me an advice how I could disassemble my E3 
>> without breaking the case? I have removed 6 screws from the bottom 
>> side and still don't know how to open its rear without applying much 
>> force. Is it necessary to remove the panel first?
> 

David,

Many thanks,
Janusz

---

From: Janusz Krzysztofik <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 15:43:01 +0200

> You also need to unclip the keyboard overlay, which will reveal some 

Looking at my device, I am not sure where I can find that keyboard 
overlay. Did you actually mean the bottom cover over the mailboard cable 
connector?

Anyway, I found two more screws hidden under rear foots that did the trick.

> case. Running it with the top off is a hassle.

I hope I can manage for a while or two.

Thanks,
Janusz