Subject: [E3-hacking] LCD backlight update

From: "Piotr Michniewski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 11:06:34 +0200

Hi,

I've updated the backlight driver, so it compiles (and works !) under
2.6.17. The code is probably ugly, but it's my first approach to
hacking a kernel driver... I am unable to make a patch, because I
forgot to copy the source file before making changes, so I'm just
posting the modified ams_delta_bl.c .

-- 
Piotr Michniewski

---

From: Jonathan McDowell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 19:44:16 +0100

> posting the modified ams_delta_bl.c .

This shouldn't actually be necessary; the driver bits for the E3
backlight/video display have already gone into the OMAP tree. The OMAP
PWL actually controls the contrast of the screen rather than the
backlight intensity, which is why I didn't end up going down the route
of a backlight class driver.

J.

-- 
 [     Where are we going?  And WHY ARE WE IN THIS HANDBASKET?!!      ]

---

From: "Piotr Michniewski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:06:29 +0200

> The OMAP
> backlight intensity.

Well I thought so, but since I did want to adjust the conntrast
anyway, it didn't bother me how it's called :)

-- 
Piotr Michniewski