Subject: [E3-hacking] NAND flash driver.

From: Jonathan McDowell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:11:37 +0000

I think I'm getting somewhere with the NAND flash driver; I now have the
Linux mtd infrastructure detecting it and seemingly letting me read from
it. I haven't tried writing yet and it's a bit of a mess, but I think
the major work is done now:

i2c /dev entries driver
In ams_delta_init for NAND!
NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0x98, Chip ID: 0x75 (Toshiba NAND 32MiB 3,3V 8-bit)
Scanning device for bad blocks
Bad eraseblock 257 at 0x00404000
<snip lots of bad eraseblocks>
Bad eraseblock 1841 at 0x01cc4000
Creating 3 MTD partitions on "NAND 32MiB 3,3V 8-bit":
0x00000000-0x00100000 : "Amstrad Foo"
0x00100000-0x00300000 : "E3 kernel partition"
0x00300000-0x02000000 : "E3 file system partition"
usbmon: debugfs is not available
ohci_hcd: 2005 April 22 USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver (OMAP)
ohci_hcd: block sizes: ed 64 td 64

J.

-- 
] http://www.earth.li/~noodles/ []   You drive a hard bargain for a    [
]  PGP/GPG Key @ the.earth.li   []              seagull.               [
] via keyserver, web or email.  []                                     [
] RSA: 4DC4E7FD / DSA: 5B430367 []                                     [

---

From: Emma Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:58:07 +0000

First of all, as a girly who loves her E3 but can't stand the built- 
in software and silly adverts, I want to say an enormous thank you to  
all you boys who are working so hard with these things.

I bought it in the hope that one day it would be more pleasant to use  
and more useful - I feel as though that day is not so distant now!

Keep up the good work!

Emma Porter

- Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 21:01:17 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Emma Porter wrote:

> First of all, as a girly who loves her E3 but can't stand the built-in 
> software and silly adverts, I want to say an enormous thank you to all you 
> boys who are working so hard with these things.

*humph*

Not all of us are boys :-P

-J.

---

From: Emma Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 07:51:25 +0000

:D

On 24 Feb 2006, at 21:01, [email-masked] wrote:

>> First of all, as a girly who loves her E3 but can't stand the  
>> built-in software and silly adverts, I want to say an enormous  
>> thank you to all you boys who are working so hard with these things.
>
> *humph*
>
> _______________________________________________
> e3-hacking mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.earth.li/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/e3-hacking