Subject: [E3-hacking] Working (playing) from OS X

From: Tony Ayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 16:50:25 +0100

Hi,

I bought one of the e3 emailers for a fiver a month or so back from a  
garage sale and have been having a play, on and off, since. However,  
I now no longer have a Linux box and only have a Windows laptop and  
an iMac G5 to work from. I have the necessary USB - RS232 adapter  
installed but cannot get pbltool.c to compile. I'm guessing this is  
due to it being written for the x86 architecture but I may well be  
wrong (as my c is useless).

So, this is what I get:

data:~/Desktop/Amstrad ayrea$ gcc -o pbltool pbltool.c
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_error
_getline
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Any help would be appreciated, else I will just have to dual boot my  
laptop...

Cheers
Tony

---

From: Matt Callow <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 22:50:45 +0100

Tony Ayre wrote:
...
> Any help would be appreciated, else I will just have to dual boot my
Have you tried:

gcc -D_GNU_SOURCE -o pbltool pbltool.c

?

Matt