Subject: RE: [E3-hacking] keypad layout

From: Cliff Lawson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 17:57:24 +0100

Oh right! I assumed (dangerous I know) that you had both working. The
buttons on the top are really a bit pointless for the purposes of Linux use
(though I guess they're easy to read ;-)

Sadly the way PS/2 works is that the keyboard controller itself, not the
main ARM is the clock master and it does comms at something like 70K so the
interrupt handler needs to be fairly responsive to not risk missing a pulse
when it is "talking". In the end we had to apply FIQ patches to the kernel
and do the PS/2 on a FIQ handler to get it reliable enough so it would
interwork with the modem interrupts which also need fairly fast response as
well.

Cliff

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended exclusively for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. This message is attributed to the sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Amstrad Plc or its subsidiaries.

For further information on Amstrad Plc please visit our website: www.amstrad.com

Amstrad Plc.
Brentwood House
169 Kings Road
Brentwood
Essex CM14 4EF
Registered in England : No. 955321

---

From: Cliff Lawson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 09:50:41 +0100

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jasmine Strong [mailto:[email-masked]]
> 
> ...hints for those of us not in the UK?

www.amstrad.com/amsface

:-)

Cliff

Amstrad Plc.
Brentwood House
169 Kings Road
Brentwood
Essex CM14 4EF