Subject: Re: Re: [E3-hacking] PBL and flash access on the E3

From: Matt Callow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 9:48:15 +0000

> Correction: EMAIL is backspace.
> 
> Do we have any documentation for this yet?
The source shows:

+       KEY(1, 0, KEY_DELETE),          /* Delete */
+
+       KEY(0, 6, KEY_ENTER),           /* Video */
+
+       KEY(4, 0, KEY_SLASH),           /* Home */
+       KEY(4, 1, KEY_BACKSLASH),       /* Office */
+       KEY(4, 2, KEY_MINUS),           /* Mobile */
+       KEY(7, 7, KEY_APOSTROPHE),      /* Mobile Msg */
+       KEY(5, 7, KEY_BACKSPACE),       /* Email */
+
+       KEY(0, 7, KEY_LEFTSHIFT),       /* Vol up */
+       KEY(3, 7, KEY_LEFTCTRL),        /* Vol down */
+

Matt

---

From: David Given <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:12:52 +0100

>> Do we have any documentation for this yet?
[...]

Yes, I found that shortly after sending the message. I shouldn't really
do this stuff late at night when I'm tired...

I may write it up in an easier-to-understand format and put it on the
Wiki, unless anyone has any objections.

- --
+- David Given --McQ-+
|  [email-masked]    | "Those that repeat truisms, are also forced to
| ([email-masked]) | repeat them." --- Anonymous from Slashdot
+- www.cowlark.com --+

---

From: Jonathan McDowell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 17:26:21 +0100

> Wiki, unless anyone has any objections.

Sure. Now I think I've sorted the USB issue out in the git tree
(upstream took my base E3 support patch at the start of the week) I'm
beginning to look at sorting out the LCD and keymap for submission. Do
people have opinions on what keys should be mapped where? Obviously the
QWERTY keyboard and the numpad are obvious enough, but what about the
rest? Hopefully we'll have the mailboard working soon enough, but we'll
still want to use the buttons on the device. Should we map them to
useful punctuation? Functions keys? (I'd though about this for the keys
at the top.) Something else?

J.

-- 
                 /------------------------------------\
                 |        noodles is not pasta        |
                 \------------------------------------/

---

From: David Given <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:00:51 +0100

Jonathan McDowell wrote:
[...]
> at the top.) Something else?

Given that once the mailboard's working it'll be generating keyboard
events as well, would it be sensible to distinguish between keypad
events and mailboard events?

For example, you could map the numbers to NUMPAD_ keycodes; the
special-purpose keys to function keys (which the mailboard doesn't
have); etc. Knowing what to do with the alphabetical keys is a bit
trickier, but I don't think it's as important for them.

- --
+- David Given --McQ-+