Subject: [E3-hacking] Re: e3-hacking Digest, Vol 17, Issue 3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 14:52:22 EDT

REMOVE ME  PRICK

---

From: Jonathan McDowell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 20:00:04 +0100

> REMOVE ME  PRICK

Gee, thanks. You do wonders for the perception of AOL users as idiots.

(I've removed he/she/it given their inability to follow the simple
instructions I posted earlier in the week. Is anyone else in similar
position?)

J.

-- 
 [         The less time planning, the more time programming.         ]

---

From: "Brian V" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 20:01:56 +0100

STOP sending me these emails

(I need to know what I don`t know)

>From: Jonathan McDowell <[email-masked]>
>Reply-To: Discussion of the Amstrad E3 emailer 
>hardware/software<[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: [E3-hacking] Removing people who don't want to be here
>Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 20:00:04 +0100
>
>_______________________________________________
>e3-hacking mailing list
>[email-masked]
>http://www.earth.li/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/e3-hacking

---

From: "Piotr Michniewski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 23:05:06 +0200

> STOP sending me these emails

Umm... Then why did you sign up in the first place ?

-- 
Piotr Michniewski

---

From: Jasmine Strong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 03:13:39 +0200

> Umm... Then why did you sign up in the first place ?

Probably because he wants to unlock his E3.

*sigh*  People.  Can't live with them, can't shoot them.

-J.

---

From: "Piotr Michniewski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 11:04:09 +0200

> Probably because he wants to unlock his E3.

Maybe Jonathan should add "We WILL NOT discuss about UNLOCKING your
E3, so get lost" to the mailing list description ?

> *sigh*  People.  Can't live with them, can't shoot them.

Oh, so true...

-- 
Piotr Michniewski

---

From: Jonathan McDowell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 10:20:52 +0100

> E3, so get lost" to the mailing list description ?

I've already had to add something similar to my webpage about the E3 as
I was getting numerous requests from people for this. I've added a line
to the list description indicating such discussion is off topic.

J.

-- 
9 out of 10 men who tried Camels prefer women.

---

From: "James Tinmouth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 12:47:28 +0100 (BST)

> to the list description indicating such discussion is off topic.

LOL all fair enough, but I do wish it wasn't off topic ;)

What gets me is the unsub instructions are in the HEADERS!! FFS!!!

---

From: "James Tinmouth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 12:51:55 +0100 (BST)

> What gets me is the unsub instructions are in the HEADERS!! FFS!!!

errr... as in they're pretty easy to see for the pillocks who want off, not
the other way around. (must remember to proof read all posts!!)

---

From: "Jonathan H" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 13:48:57 +0100

> LOL all fair enough, but I do wish it wasn't off topic ;)

Me too - I reckon a large proportion of those that are here, came
looking for hacks and stuff.
I stay out of interest - I wish someone would link to the info I guess
many of us are after.
Interstingly, the list page says:

"e3-hacking: Discussion on using the emailer as Amstrad intended."

:) :)

> What gets me is the unsub instructions are in the HEADERS!! FFS!!!

Yeah, I have to agree there - I'd never think of looking in the
headers, and I bet a lot of people don't even know they exist. I think
the words "unsubscribe info" added at the footer before the link,
might save some time!

---

From: "Jonathan H" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 13:50:11 +0100

> the other way around. (must remember to proof read all posts!!)

No no! Surely you meant your first, rational, sensible way round?
This second way of putting it makes no sense. Why would sig info be in
the headers?
Who looks there?

---

From: "James Tinmouth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 13:49:23 +0100 (BST)

> This second way of putting it makes no sense. Why would sig info be in

Nee sorry I did mean that in the headers makes sense. I didn't really say it
the wrong way around, just wasn't clear what I was FFSing at ;)

I thought it was common that conventional mailing lists have the unsub details
in the header. Maybe it's cos I've got a mail reader that understands them and
gives a link to unsub on every mail.

TBH anyone who says "REMOVE ME PRICK" would probably not read the unsub
details even if they were in bazillion point bold at the top of every post
anyway;)

Cheers
James