Subject: [E3-hacking] Problems with Mailboard keymap

From: "David J. Singer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:59:28 +0000

I've just tried the pre-built kernel image "uImage-2.6.16-omap2-e3"
from http://the.earth.li/pub/e3/2.6.16/  which I believe has Matt Callow's
mailboard patch applied.

The mailboard gives me strange results...  I can't get the forward slash
to work, and some of the "shifted" symbols on the number keys 
generate the wrong symbol.

I've missed something haven't I..?  Do I need to setup a keymap under 
Linux to get this working?  Or should it generate the right keys 
straight out of the box?

-- 
David J. Singer
[email-masked]
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"

---

From: David Given <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 18:05:23 +0100

David J. Singer wrote:
[...]
> Linux to get this working?  Or should it generate the right keys 

The mailboard thinks by default it's an AT keyboard with (I think) a US
keymap, which only bears a very slight resemblance to what's actually
written on the keys. Yes, you need to install a keymap; I posted one not
long ago that implements most of the keys. Search the list archives for
'Mailboard keymap'.

- --
+- David Given --McQ-+ "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty
|  [email-masked]    | specific things to say about killing?" "Quite
| ([email-masked]) | specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the
+- www.cowlark.com --+ subject of kneecaps." --- Firefly, _War Stories_