King's Bush [[Was Cox's Bush..] Was the Stradlings Bush.]

meeeee mongo bush-hacking@earth.li
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 19:25:39 +0000 (GMT)

Toby Jaffey <toby@earth.li> wrote:

> In case anyone didn't see it, I spotted this in Alan Cox's diary thing:
>
> Heather & Rob Stradling visited to drop off a Bush Internet TV box. It's
> an ARM box running RiscOS and now off to Russell King. Alarmingly having
> given Russell a component list he seems to think he has the Linux port
> 90% done before it even arrives.

Hello Toby!

I expect you've noticed these entries in Russell King's diary..

Things are looking up :) :

> Monday 10 December 2001
[...]
> Alan [Cox] now has the Bush STB - an ARM7500-based machine
> manufactured by Pace Microtechnology. This ARM processor is
> also one of the few with hardware floating point. The machine
> itself has very little in the way of hardware (it's all integrated on
> chip), but I'm led to believe that it's virtually a RISC PC-like
> machine on a chip. This is good, because X server machine is a
> RiscPC, and we also have cl7500 stuff in the kernel donated by
> Philip Blundell when Nexus did their STB.

> Friday 14 December 2001
[...]
> Alan's [Bush STB] parcel turned up today intact. No signs of
> being thrown about, and it even seems to work.  [...]
> Someone has mailed to say that they already have some
> replacement ROMs which gets Linux working on the box.

> http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/diary/

Now if the parallel port "pocket" ethernet drivers were ported to
ARM/Linux the Bush STB would make a blissfully silent router..

http://www.scyld.com/network/atp.html